Thursday, January 27, 2011

Peace Sign

The first thing I think of is the 70's and all the crazy psychedelic colors. Its a iconic symbol that represents, to our generation, the relaxed ideals of the 'hippies' and getting along. No war and violence, basically. So the first thing that comes to mind is a rainbow of colors and the fashion statement its started, which is far from its original purpose.






So then I found this, basically a rainbowed flag with the original peace sign on it and just once word "peace" which describes the main purpose of this symbol. But from here I thought about not really a peace sign, but rainbows. And I always associate rainbows with unicorns, because that's something little girls always imagine, their dream world of unicorns and jumping over rainbows with them; or at least that was my childhood. Though now that I'm older, all I can think of is a horrible saying of unicorns farting rainbows and a game called Robot Unicorn Attack which is strangely addicting.



No comments:

Post a Comment